Managing Director, Accredited Executive Coach
Phanella is a highly experienced Accredited Executive Coach and leadership consultant with a Masters in Organisational Behaviour and 1,000’s of coaching hours under her belt. As a former City lawyer and fund manager, a successfully exited entrepreneur and media coach, Phanella understands both the pressures of high performing environments as well as how to marry performance with positive working culture.
Phanella began her career as a corporate lawyer at Slaughter and May and Linklaters and then a European Equities portfolio manager at JPMorgan where she passed all levels of her CFA. Wanting to pursue her passion for people, performance and positive working cultures, Phanella requalified as a coach in 2009, providing high profile organisational leadership programmes as well as one to one executive and maternity coaching. Alongside her coaching work, Phanella founded a direct-to-consumer coaching start-up, which she sold in 2019. Her first book, Step Up: Confidence, Success and Your Stellar Career in 10 Minutes a Day, [Random House] was published in 2016.
Phanella continues to be passionate about the intersection of high performance and positive working cultures, leading her to co-found Up Rising with Natalie in 2019. Her coaching focusses on both C-Suite and emerging leaders, with a range of clients from FTSE 250 CEOs to lawyers and consultants successfully navigating partner promotion processes. Alongside a busy coaching practice, she has designed and delivered large-scale leadership courses for many years, as well as shorter group programmes on a range of leadership and wellbeing topics. Corporate clients she has worked with include Accenture, Deutsche Bank, Credit Suisse, Ashurst, Allen & Overy, Stanhope, Reckitt Benckiser.
Phanella is also a qualified integrative psychotherapist, enabling her to flex her coaching range to cover social anxiety, fear of public speaking and low self-esteem. Where appropriate, she is able to integrate therapy and coaching to achieve complex goals for her clients.
Formerly a City lawyer and fund manager as well as a successfully exited entrepreneur, Phanella is an expert in helping leaders marry high performance for themselves and their teams with positive mindset and wellbeing.
- Emotional intelligence
- Stanhope, Ve Global, Accenture, Deutsche Bank, Credit Suisse, Ashurst, Allen & Overy, Stanhope, Reckitt Benckiser and many more.
- Accredited Executive Coach (Association of Coaching)
- Masters in Organisational Behaviour (Career Management and Counselling)
- Accredited Integrative Psychotherapist (NCP)
- Mental Health First Aider (Mental Health England)
- EQi 2.0 / EQi 360 , MBTI and NEO PI-R Certified Practitioner
- A belief that everyone can (and should) find work they enjoy
- Diversity & inclusion
- Extreme skiing, horse riding, hiking, netball – obsessed with adrenaline sports and the mindset parallels with high performance leadership